Mound Cold War Discovery Center

Mound Laboratory was the first Atomic Energy Commission site to be constructed after WWII, in order to continue Dayton’s work within the Manhattan Project and consolidate the production of polonium-210 and polonium based initiators for the first atomic bombs. Mound operated from 1948-2003 as an integrated research, development and production facility that supported…

Get In Touch

  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.